US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Salary: $100,000 – $240,000 *Dependent Upon Experience
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
– Health Insurance & HSA
– Dental/Vision Insurance
– 401(k) Retirement Plan
– Flexible Spending Plan
– Short & Long Term Disability Plan
– Honor current status of vacation time
– MERC Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Miller Engineering and Research Corporation (MERC Aerospace) offers professional expertise for the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Systems Engineering Advanced Services (SEAS) contract. MERC is a team-oriented aerospace engineering firm dedicated to servicing the aerospace and aeronautical industries with unparalleled customer focus. We believe that great engineering starts with talented people like you.
Our employees work together as “one team” and are committed to delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to our customers in the aerospace and federal government arenas.
MERC Aerospace is seeking a Instrument Systems Engineer to support on-going projects.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Instrument Systems Engineering for spacecraft and supporting instrument payloads
- Work directly with a GSFC satellite program office, providing recommendations to key program decisions regarding requirements, trade studies, satellite development, integration and test, root-cause failure analysis, risk management, and verification and validation
- Provide oversite of various satellite program activities as a means to ensure mission success
- These activities often involve significant travel to vendor facilities, facilitating Technical Interchange Meetings, and overseeing testing events
- Detailed and frequent reporting to the program office is key
- Understanding of and experience with Goddard’s Space Flight Center’s (GSFC’s) systems engineering process
- Subject Matter Expertise in spacecraft mission and instrument systems engineering
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
- Subject Mater Expertise in GSFC spacecraft mission and/or instrument systems engineering
- 10+ years of experience of working as a Mission and/or Instrument Systems Engineer supporting a satellite program or project office
- 15+ years of experience of utilizing and implementing GSFC systems engineering processes
- Detailed understanding of spacecraft systems
- Detailed understanding of instrument payloads
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Ability to obtain National Agency Check Inquiry (NACI) personal background check
- M.S. or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
- DOORS Proficient
- Currently hold or ability to obtain a NASA Goddard badge (NACI background investigation).