MERC Aerospace Greenbelt, MD
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Salary [Annual]: $100,000 – $260,000 *Dependent Upon Experience
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
- Health Insurance & HSA
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability Plan
- Honor current status of vacation time
- MERC Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Miller Engineering and Research Corporation (MERC Aerospace) offers professional expertise for the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Systems Engineering Advanced Services (SEAS) contract. MERC is a team-oriented aerospace engineering firm dedicated to servicing the aerospace and aeronautical industries with unparalleled customer focus. We believe that great engineering starts with talented people like you.
Our employees work together as “one team” and are committed to delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to our customers in the aerospace and federal government arenas.
MERC Aerospace is seeking a Space Missions Systems Engineer to support on-going NASA space mission projects.
- Perform as part of the Technical Team to define and evaluate requirements and designs, identify technical issues and associated recommendations, and to conduct performance analyses to provide recommendations for Mission System and Missions System integration.
- Evaluate the applicability of the designs on other platforms, and conversely identify when existing designs from other programs should be leveraged and assess their ability to fulfill original requirements
- Provide engineering review and critique of space craft and space instrument architectures
- Prepare trouble reports and risk resolutions, identifying engineering shortfalls, operational considerations, and general assessments of concepts, ideas and methodologies.
- Support risk assessments and provide input into risk mitigation plans.
- Provide architecture engineering, requirements engineering and management, verifying traceability, requirements from system, element, component and assembly levels, assessing the completeness and correctness of allocated requirements.
- Support for developing and/or executing requirements verification efforts.
- Participate as a team member in formal and informal design reviews in support of project reviews, including In Design Reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings.
- Review and analyze specifications and other documentation, generate and submit comments, and participate in comment adjudication.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience as a Systems Engineer for space mission systems.
- Strong background in requirements management, interface requirements, requirements validation, verification, top-level verification planning;
- Experience in end to end mission requirements traceability and validation;
- Familiarity with NASA policies and procedures regarding program/project management lifecycles and systems engineering;
- Capability of working with database tools, requirements management and system architecture tools;
- Know-how of the NASA system requirements tools such as DOORS;
- Knowledge of NASA Risk Management Guidelines and Processes and Tools;
- Experience with testing methodologies and test planning activities; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) software tools.
- Currently hold or ability to obtain a NASA Goddard badge (NACI background investigation).