MERC Aerospace Greenbelt, MD
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Salary [Annual]: $100,000 – $225,000 *Dependent Upon Experience
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Mechanical Engineer
- Health Insurance & HSA
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability Plan
- Honor current status of vacation time
- MERC Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Miller Engineering and Research Corporation (MERC Aerospace) offers professional expertise for the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Systems Engineering Advanced Services (SEAS) contract. MERC is a team-oriented aerospace engineering firm dedicated to servicing the aerospace and aeronautical industries with unparalleled customer focus. We believe that great engineering starts with talented people like you.
Our employees work together as “one team” and are committed to delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to our customers in the aerospace and federal government arenas.
MERC Aerospace is seeking a Simulation Test Validation Engineer to develop next-generation simulation modeling systems.
- Plan and oversee test activities to collect appropriate test and analysis data for model validation of Robotic Dynamic Analysis Simulation.
- Develop test set-up and criteria – work with Simulation analysts to generate a list of test data to be collected for model validation
- Support pre-test activities – sensor specification and characterization
- Support test setup, test hardware integration, and oversee test execution
- Collect and process test data for ingesting into simulations for model validation
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or similar and 5+ years of applicable experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Experience working with verification and validation tests of hardware
- Experience with laboratory sensor selection, sensor characterization and data collection
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with data analysis, including curve fitting and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with simulations or similar experience in test verification and validation activities
- Familiarity with dynamics, robotics, and/or controls simulation with ADAMS or similar mechanical dynamics work
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink environments