Greenbelt, MD (NASA Goddard Center)
Miller Engineering and Research Corporation (MERC Aerospace) offers professional expertise for the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Systems Engineering Advanced Services (SEAS) contract. MERC is a team-oriented aerospace engineering firm dedicated to servicing the aerospace and aeronautical industries with unparalleled customer focus. We believe that great engineering starts with talented people like you.
Our employees work together as “one team” and are committed to delivering high-quality and creative engineering solutions to our customers in the aerospace and federal government arenas.
Essential Functions (Duties shall include but not limited to)
- Provide systems engineering support for the Near Earth Network (NEN) Initiative for Ka-Band Advancement (NIKA) project;
- Work with the NIKA Verification Lead and other NEN supporting organizations to conduct end-to-end verification of the NIKA system in accordance with established organizational roles and responsibilities and project schedules;
- Conducts requirements management of several interrelated requirements baselines to ensure bi-directional traceability;
- Manages Project-level Requirements Test and Verification Matrices (RTVMs); and
- Performs other systems engineering tasks as required.
- Experience with requirements management and general systems engineering principles essential;
- Familiarity with NASA and Goddard Space Flight Center Systems Engineering policies a plus;
- Knowledge of DOORS requirements management tool a plus; and
- Provides systems engineering support for the Near Earth Network (NEN) Initiative for Ka-Band Advancement (NIKA) project.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Mid-level systems engineer (minimum of 5 years) with experience in verification of satellite ground systems or analogous systems.
- Minimum of fifteen years of spacecraft design and development experience including at least ten years of experience analyzing system requirements, developing functional performance requirements, and allocating those requirements to the system elements.
- Currently hold or ability to obtain a NASA Goddard badge (NACI background investigation).
- Health Insurance & HSA
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability Plan
- Parental Leave
MERC Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.